Building on the success of the Health eHeart Study at UC San Francisco, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) awarded $9.75 million to UCSF for the creation of Eureka, a platform that enables investigators to conduct mobile and wireless health research in a less costly, more streamlined manner. The research platform will accelerate mobile health (mHealth) by providing researchers with easy access to a large cohort of volunteers who have agreed to participate in the research, along with a quick, affordable means for collecting their health data through mobile and wireless technologies. Eureka builds off the innovative Health eHeart Study, which harnesses the power of online and mobile technology to gather cardiovascular data from study participants through devices such as smartphone apps, ECG smartphone cases, fitness trackers, and portable blood pressure cuffs.
Protocol Project Manager
The successful candidate will serve as the main point of contact for external and internal study teams, including faculty and clinical research coordinators (CRCs), outside entities such as sponsors and affiliates, and collaborators. The candidate will be accountable for study start up, maintenance, and close out of investigator-initiated studies, clinical trials, and projects launched through the Eureka research platform. The individual must be able to facilitate rapid deployment of research studies for collaborators from institutions around the nation.
This position applies scientific and user-centered design methodologies and processes to capture user requirements. Creates, evaluates, and modifies designs and prototypes in support of software and web development. Gathers input from users, clients, and multidisciplinary team members at all phases of the design process. Ensures that relevant needs, features, and experiences are feasible and ultimately represented in the product or service being developed. Performs usability evaluations for development teams. May produce written specifications describing user requirements and internal structures/procedures for the product or service in development.
This main purpose of this position is to ensure that clinical research commitments are met and that the programs maintain a reputation for excellence in all activities. A successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, resolve problems and provide clarity in ambiguous situations. We are looking for a go-getter with excellent relationship building skills, and a team player who can also work independently. Adaptability to changing circumstances and the ability to respond well to ambiguity and thrive on challenges is a necessity. Proficient organizational skills, multitasking and communication both written and spoken are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and 1 or more years of directly related experience; and/or equivalent experience/training
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Ability to research, collect and analyze targeted information to use in determining product options or alternatives
- Ability to identify key issues critical to the organization’s need and the success of the desired product, service, and enhancement
- Proficient organization and project management skills
- Proficient oral communication skills to effectively convey and explain information
- Proficient written communications skills to draft clear, concise documentation, reports and specifications
- Ability to lead, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team, internal and external constituencies
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Sketch, and/or InVision
- Understanding of the user-centered design process (user research, user needs assessment, user modeling, design, usability evaluation and developer relations)
- Understanding of design principles, guidelines and relevant policies including web accessibility standards
- Basic web and/or software development skills
- Basic familiarity with Github and Kanban-style project management tools